The headline grabbed me. It read: “Ten Reasons You Should Never, Ever Take a Cruise.”
Here’s a link to the article:
The Drakette and I like cruising very much. I thought, What reasons could there possibly be for not taking a cruise? So here are their reasons, with my comments:
- Dangerous fellow passengers. Yeah? And how is that different from anyplace else on the face of the planet?
- Unhealthy eating and drinking. Damn right there’s unhealthy eating and drinking! In fact, we COUNT on it!!!
- Food poisoning and norovirus. Same as any restaurant anywhere in the world. Next?
- Mechanical difficulties and their consequences. Yes, I read about this ONE TIME where passengers were stranded on a cruise ship with no power. ONE TIME.
- Unqualified doctors. As long as they can treat sea-sickness…
- Too much fun in the sun. Wear sun screen.
- Cruises rock – and roll. If you think you might be susceptible to motion sickness, get the Transdermal Scopalamine patch from your doctor ahead of time. I did. Worked like a charm.
- Your bed might “bug” you. Same for any hotel in the world.
- Mold and/or Mildew. Take your allergy medicine.
- Mental health challenges. Are you kidding me?
Cruises make for great vacations! And they’re as close as New Orleans! The only caveat I would put forth is, don;t go during hurricane season.