1. Andrew Garfield wanted to be Prince Caspian in the “Chronicles of Narnia” movies, but he was told he wasn’t handsome enough.
2. Brenda Song claims she wasn’t allowed to audition for “Crazy Rich Asians” because her “image” wasn’t Asian enough. The director denies it, though.
3. Robert Redford got turned down for “The Graduate”, because he was too handsome to play a “loser”. The much uglier Dustin Hoffman ended up with the part.
4. Robin Williams wanted to play Hagrid . . . then later Remus Lupin . . . in the “Harry Potter” movies. But he was denied both times because they were only hiring Brits.
5. Zoe Kravitz tried out for “The Dark Knight Rises”, but was told she was “too urban.”
6. Tom Holland auditioned for Finn in the latest “Star Wars” trilogy, but he couldn’t stop laughing during the audition.
7. Chris Klein bombed his audition for “Mamma Mia!” because he couldn’t sing. That’s right, he auditioned for a singing part without being able to sing.
8. Harry Styles really wanted to star in that new “Elvis” movie, but he was too . . . Harry Styles. Director Baz Luhrmann late explained, quote, “The real issue with Harry is he’s Harry Styles. He’s already an icon.”