Ochsner Baton Rouge Offers
‘Flu Shot Fair’ Event Oct. 9-10
BATON ROUGE – Ochsner Baton Rouge will hold a Flu Shot Fair on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 9-10, with walk-up or drive-thru service at several area locations, making the process quick, easy and safe.
The Flu Shot Fair is open to adults and children as young as 6 months old. To make an appointment, click here or call 866-OCHSNER to preregister. Flu shots are available regardless of patient status with Ochsner, though online registration requires a free MyOchsner account.
Appointments are preferred but not required.
Each location will offer:
- Fluarix – a quadrivalent flu shot for ages 6 months and older
- FluAD – a high-dose flu shot for patients 65 and older
- Flublok – a flu shot for patients with severe egg allergies
When arriving for your flu shot, please wear a mask. Bring a picture ID and your insurance card. After receiving the shot, patients will be asked to wait for 15 minutes before leaving as a safety precaution.
Flu Shot Fair locations are available on Oct. 9 at:
- Ochsner Health Center – O’Neal (drive-thru)
16777 Medical Center Drive
8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Ochsner Medical Complex – The Grove (walk-up)
10310 The Grove Blvd., Baton Rouge
8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Ochsner Health Center – Prairieville (walk-up)
16220 Airline Highway
- Ochsner Medical Complex – Iberville (walk-up)
25455 La. 1, Plaquemine
- Ochsner Health Center – Tangipahoa (walk-up)
41676 Veterans Ave., Hammond
Flu shots are available on Oct. 10 at:
- Ochsner Community Health – Brees Family Center (drive-thru)
7855 Howell Blvd., Suite 320, Baton Rouge
9 a.m.-3 p.m.
In addition to the Flu Shot Fair, Ochsner offers other options for flu shots:
- Adults and children as young as 6 months can visit an Ochsner Urgent Care location.
- Ochsner Health Centers offer flu shots by appointment. Schedule online through MyOchsner or by calling (225) 761-5200.
- Adults and children as young as 7 can visit any Ochsner Pharmacy & Wellness location, which accepts most health insurance plans, and walk-ins are welcome.
COVID vaccines are not available at Flu Shot Fair events.
To schedule a COVID vaccine, call (844) 888-2772 or use the MyOchsner app to find a nearby vaccine location. The Ochsner automated COVID-19 testing and vaccination information line at (225) 208-2411 offers a weekly list of vaccination locations. Locations are also posted weekly on our Facebook page.
For more information about the Flu Shot Fair, please visit www.Ochsner.org/flu or www.Ochsner.org/BatonRouge.